This week will bring gift ideas for her, for him, for the kiddo, and for everyone else. Let’s get started!
- A beautiful, geometric planter from The Citizenry would look good anywhere. Fill one with flowers to start.
- These Chelsea Rainboots are practical and chic. (They’re also on sale.) Here’s hoping we have reason to pull a pair on this year in California!
- She’s always wishing she had prints of those photos on her phone. A fun solution: Instax Smartphone Printer.
- A nail apothecary set from Butter would be well-paired with a magazine and an hour-long soak in tub. Make it happen. [Update: similar]
- I love Madewell’s selection of delicate bracelets. This knotted gold bangle is a current favorite. [Update: similar]
- She’ll thank you for this: texting gloves. It’s always nice to be one who helps keep her warm. [Update: similar]
- Something cheeky for your best girlfriend. “Love the wine you’re with.“
- I was given the full-size T3 featherweight dryer and, yes, it’s a splurge but it’s worth it if you blowdry often: the best compact dryer.
- Wish her a good night with a subsription to Hulu or Netflix, and these very pretty, very cozy PJs.
- I’ve been eyeing this leather bow belt, that would pair equally well with a dress or with pants. [Update: similar]
- Books are always a good idea. Find out if she prefers print, digital, or Audible and then consider: Judd Apatow’s conversations with comedians, the new Mindy Kaling essay collection, Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari, or Shonda Rhimes’ Year of Yes (which I hear is so inspiring).
- I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect rose parfum for years and I think I found it recently—along with sticker shock. But I’ve since learned you can get Une Rose in a slightly more reasonable 10mL size, if this has been her elusive fragrance as well.
If none of these ideas is just right for her, look to experiences—even just a night out for dinner and a movie—or perhaps a gift card to one of her favorite stores. Terrain and Madewell are two of my picks. Food52 cards are up to 25% off today. And a gift card to Warby Parker with the suggestion to check out their try-on set is a nice surprise.
Finally, be sure to consider some ideas from these partners:
- Snowe’s beautiful glass carafe for her bedside;
- A purse-sized photo album from Pinhole Press;
- The perfect black suede pumps from Boden;
- And a starter kit of just-right-sized makeup from Stowaway (today they’re giving away the lipstick trio (worth $30) to anyone who purchases a kit—and it’s the last day to enter this contest to win one).
P.S. Last year’s gift guide for her. (I stand by those suggestions!) And I’ll be posting again later today with some ideas for holiday dresses.