We may still be in sandals-mode around here for a while, but I’ve been flilpping through all the fall catalogs that have been arriving, anticipating cooler temperatures. And I realized, beyond the beaches, that there are pretty much four styles of shoes that would make my closet feel complete: an oxford, a sneaker, an ankle bootie, and something a bit more trendy and suited to going out—I’d go with a mule and a stacked heel. So, five styles really. I think I would really content with these shapes alone.
What do you think? Would you add anything?
Here are a few favorites in each style….
1. Milwood Oxford for the classic.
3. Rollie Nation Derby Lasercut Oxfords for a little bit of both.
4. Babo Mule. Simple and versatile.
5. Matiko Olivine Slides. A feminine take on the wing-tip.
6. Barlow Mule looks like an urban staple.
7. 580 Plaid Sneakers for those days of walking all over town.
8. Ecentrcq Sneaker feels more special than the typical slide.
9. Chuck Taylor All Stars. A total classic—everyone can wear these.
10. Spye Astro Boot Comfortable Clark’s but in a sleek leather and buckle for day to night.
11. Hollis Boot. All you’d need to pack for a week in the city.
12. Peera Cutout Bootie. A classic shape with a twist.
13. Jenna Slingback Pump. I’m in love with this orangey-red suede.
14. Bitsie Pumps. Like a modified glove-cut; perhaps a little easier to wear.
15. Delta Heel. These look at once vintage and fresh.[Top photo via Madewell]